Innovate is looking for a Managing Director to oversee our India Operations. Located in Gurgaon, India.
The Managing Director, Operations is a seasoned executive office manager responsible for overseeing the functional departments located in all of Innovates’ India locations. Reporting directly to Innovate’s Chief Research Officer with additional oversight/input provided by the VP, Global Operations, the incumbent will be the lead link between North America and India providing supervision and insight into the day-to-day operations of the India team. As the ‘eyes and ears’ of the management team, the Managing Director will play a key role in ensuring that all employees are supported, heard and content making sure they have the tools needed to deliver consistent best-in class customer service.
Central to the role, the Managing Director will join other members of our leadership team and assist with managerial, administrative and personnel-related duties for the Company. The incumbent will join the Board of Directors and partner directly with the VP, Global Operations to ensure Innovate’s India teams are optimized for rapid scale growth as the company embarks on its next stage of global expansion. Fundamentally important to the role is the ability to –
- Understand the competitive India job market landscape and ensure Innovate’s offerings are on-par with the environment.
- Actively engage with the staff and team to ensure day-to-day employee satisfaction is high to prevent attrition.
- Oversee the firm’s operational recruitment pipeline for team growth, ensuring that the firm enjoys a wide network of operational candidates. This includes talent acquisition, salary benchmarking, contract negotiation and salary management.
- Manage the budget and ensure upkeep of all India office locations.
- Partner with department heads to own all aspects of employee management – including but not limited to –
- Employee performance and assessment
- Healthcare benefits
- Vendor management
- Working understanding of labor laws
- Working understanding of taxation laws and payroll
- Employee related contracting - hiring, terminations, contract creation
- Conflict resolution
This role will be accountable for mutually agreed upon KPIs such as employee performance, attrition levels, employee satisfaction and budget adherence.
- Oversee the management of the India Client Service teams ensuring the India Client Service team performs to the highest quality standards.
- Maintain an environment which promotes proactive client service and establish an eco-system where employees are delighted to attend the office.
- Provide frequent, transparent updates to both the CRO and VP, Global Ops on areas of impact as well as potential industry or employee concerns.
- Identify trends that require improvement and take swift and meaningful action on performance challenges within the team.
- Identify and implement realistic and cost-effective solutions.
- Identify and implement needed improvements to both office locations (i.e., phoneline installation, painting, equipment, etc.).
- Create/maintain/develop an active and measurable pipeline of potential employees using definable metrics.
- Actively work to improve employee satisfaction recognizing concerns and working daily to reduce employee attrition.
- Ensure policy/procedures of each individual department is inline with the overall company vision to promote best in-class customer service and employee engagement.
- Provide ongoing summaries and performance updates to the Executive team.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements:
- Demonstrated office management skills having led an office as a Managing Director (or equivalent title) for a minimum of 5 years.
- Experience in Market Research in a client facing role - minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Ability to report/manage up to a Leadership team with direct and transparent communication.
- Demonstrated ability to manage delivery teams with a proven track record of success.
- Ability to source and lead recruitment initiatives.
- Demonstrated strong analytical/problem solving, conflict resolution and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude for training, coaching and development.
- Dynamic public-speaker who serves as a positive operations ambassador for the company.
- Must be detail oriented, flexible and resourceful.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to thrive in a start-up and entrepreneurial environment – comfortable with changing needs as opportunities arise.
- Advanced at using technological resources including Excel and web-based survey tools.
- Periodic global and domestic travel will be required for this role.
- Incumbent is expected to visit other India location(s) quarterly but also must be open to urgent travel when required.